With a recipe name that includes ‘cheesy, bacon, and chicken’, you know it’s going to be good! Throw in some jumbo pasta shells and cream cheese and you have a winner! Cheesy Bacon Chicken Stuffed Shells are so easy to make and pack a huge amount of flavor in each bite that you will definitely want to make these more than once!
CHEESY BACON CHICKEN STUFFED SHELLS
As if the cheese, bacon, and chicken weren’t enough to grab your attention in this recipe, I also used my homemade dry ranch seasoning. Making your own seasonings can really come in handy since you can make as much as you need. Plus, it lasts a few months in a sealed, airtight container. Cheesy Bacon Chicken Stuffed Shells are easy to put together, especially on those busy nights when you don’t have a whole lot of time, but want a hot meal.
CHEESY BACON CHICKEN STUFFED SHELLS RECIPE
It may look like a lot of ingredients to make Cheese Bacon Chicken Stuffed Shells, but they are easy to make and pack a lot of flavor!
Ingredients (full printable recipe below)
- Jumbo pasta shells
- Rotisserie chicken
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Dry ranch seasoning
- Hot sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Shredded mild cheddar cheese
- Green onion
- Diced tomatoes
- Ranch dressing
HOW TO MAKE CHEESY BACON CHICKEN STUFFED SHELLS
It’s all about cooking the jumbo pasta shells to al dente for this cheesy dish and baking the bacon ahead of time. Yes, I said baking the bacon. Simply place the bacon on an aluminum foil-lined pan and bake it in the oven for 18-20 minutes at 415°F. It comes out crispy and the clean-up is so easy! I bake the bacon for other recipes like my Bacon and Cheese Dip and Cheesy Bacon Chicken Dip.
Once you have your shells cooked and drained and the bacon crumbled, it’s a matter of mixing together the deliciousness that will go into each shell. In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, cream cheese, sour cream, ranch seasoning, bacon, and hot sauce until combined. Stuff each shell with the chicken mixture and place in a greased 9×13-inch baking dish. Top them off with mozzarella and cheddar cheeses and bake for 15-20 minutes at 350°F, or until the cheese is bubbling. For even more added flavor, sprinkle on some green onions, tomatoes, and ranch dressing!
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE RANCH SEASONING MIX
- Powdered buttermilk–You can also use fresh buttermilk if you don’t have powdered buttermilk.
- Dried parsley
- Dill weed
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Dried onion flakes
- Kosher salt
To make Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix, just whisk together all the ingredients. The only way I mixed the seasoning was with a whisk. But, if you want a finer consistency to the seasoning, you can pulse the ingredients together in a food processor until it is as fine as you like it! Store the mix in a sealed container for up to 3 months in the refrigerator.
- 1 package (12 ounces) jumbo pasta shells, cooked al dente
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons homemade dry ranch seasoning, or 1 package (1 ounce) store-bought seasoning
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup green onion, for garnish
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes, for topping
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing, drizzled for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook pasta until al dente, per package instructions. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, cream cheese, sour cream, ranch seasoning, bacon, and hot sauce until combined.
- Stuff each jumbo shell with the chicken mixture and place in a greased 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Top the stuffed shells with the shredded mozzarella and mild cheddar cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Top with green onions, tomatoes, and ranch dressing (optional).