There is no doubt that this exquisite dish will win the hearts of the whole family and pleasantly surprise guests, and for fans of Italian cuisine it will become a regular dish in their diet. But most importantly, fettuccini with eggplant is quick and easy to prepare. By the way, it turns out perfectly even inexperienced cooks.
To prepare the fettuccini with eggplant you need to prepare the following ingredients:
- A packet of fettuccini pasta.
Note: Fettuccini are delicate tasting flat, wide pasta. It usually looks like ribbons rolled up into a ball.
- 2 eggplants of medium size
- 2-3 ripe juicy tomatoes
- 5-6 small mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves
- Vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Grated cheese
So, with all the above list of products, start creating an Italian culinary masterpiece.
- Peel eggplants from the skin. Next cut them into circles. The thickness is about a centimeter. The resulting circles of eggplant rub with salt and leave for a few minutes on a cutting board. At this time, abundantly pour vegetable oil into a frying pan and put it on the stove. In the heated oil, drop the cooked eggplants and fry them until golden on both sides. While the eggplants are roasting, pass all the garlic cloves through a garlic press. Drain the cooked eggplant slices on a board and rub them with the garlic mush. Next, stack them on top of each other. So leave for a few minutes to soak. The resulting slides of eggplant cut into cubes and put on a plate.
- While the eggplants are cooking, put water for fettuccini, add salt to taste. After boiling, put the pasta in the water. The fettuccini take only a few minutes to cook. Toss them in a colander and leave.
- Take mushrooms and cut them into thin slices. Fry them in a small amount of vegetable oil until golden.
- Wash tomatoes and cut them into small cubes. Pour into a large deep pan. Note that tomatoes are stewed until they are soft, and no oil is used at all.
- We proceed to the final action. Add fettuccini, mushrooms and eggplant to the cooked tomatoes. The resulting paste is thoroughly mixed. It is not recommended to add oil additionally, as there is enough of it in the fried eggplants. Well heated pasta is spread on a plate and sprinkled with grated cheese.
Fettuccini with eggplant can be served as a separate dish, as well as a side dish to meat. A red wine will give the Italian masterpiece a deeper taste and richness.