This Super Easy Olive Oil Pasta is a simple side dish that is quick to make and easily customizable to become a full meal. Just add meat and veggies!
Need a super easy pasta recipe to keep up your sleeve? This one is perfect! It’s super simple and easy to make, and is full of wonderful garlic and olive oil flavor. It’s so good, that we have been known to eat this on its own, but you can serve it up as a side dish or add some meat and veggies for a complete meal. It’s a versatile recipe that’s worth holding onto! Your family is going to love it!
AGLIO E OLIO:
While similar to a classic Italian dish, Aglio e Olio, this recipe is not the same dish.
WHAT TYPE OF OLIVE OIL SHOULD I USE IN SUPER EASY OLIVE OIL PASTA?
This recipe needs a high-end olive oil, as it makes a huge difference in the final flavor. Olive oil is the featured flavor here and you need one that is quality. It’ll make all the difference so be sure to use a good one. Be sure to use an extra virgin olive oil for best flavor.
Be sure to cook your pasta in salted water for this recipe. I’ve even listed it as an ingredient and in the instructions. You want the pasta to soak up some of the salty water to season your pasta. You can always add more salt to taste if needed.
Want to use a different shape of pasta? Go right ahead! This recipe will work well with angel hair, linguine, penne, and more!
We love this dish with freshly chopped parsley and freshly grated parmesan cheese on top.
STORAGE AND REHEATING INSTRUCTIONS:
Olive oil pasta is best eaten fresh. You can refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in a skillet with a scant amount of oil over medium-low heat until warmed through.
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add in 2 tablespoons salt to the water and cook the pasta according to package directions.
- In a small saucepan, pour in 1/4 cup olive oil and heat over low heat for 60 seconds. Add in garlic and red pepper flakes. Stir and cook 60 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Pour olive oil mixture over the cooked and drained pasta. Add in additional 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Pour in lemon juice and parsley and toss until pasta is coated.