This recipe is a symphony of flavors that will make even the most discerning seafood lovers rejoice. Picture succulent white fish fillets bathed in a rich, aromatic tomato sauce with hints of lemon, garlic, and a touch of spice. As you savor each bite, you’ll discover the perfect balance of flavors and textures that make this dish simply irresistible.
Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a novice in the kitchen, this recipe is your ticket to a gourmet dining experience right at home. So, grab your apron and embark on a culinary journey that will leave you craving for more. Fish aficionados, this one’s for you!
- 900 g (2 lbs) of white fish fillet
- 100 g (3.5 oz) of lemon juice
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 tbsp of tomato paste
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) of white dry wine
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 0.5 cup of parsley
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 1 pinch of black pepper (ground)
- 1 pinch of salt
- Season the fish fillet with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Grease a baking dish with olive oil and place the fillet inside. Drizzle it with lemon juice. Refrigerate the fish for 30–60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). In a large skillet, heat olive oil and sauté finely chopped onion until golden brown.
- Season with salt, add minced garlic, and cook, stirring, for another minute.
- Add diced tomatoes, sugar, paprika, cinnamon, wine, and half of the chopped parsley. Dilute the tomato paste in 1/4 cup of water and pour the mixture into the skillet. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook uncovered on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the fish fillet in the baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining parsley.
- Place the fish in the oven and bake for approximately 30 minutes until fully cooked.
Enjoy this delicious fish in tomato sauce, a treat for fish enthusiasts!