Indulge in a delicious and moist Creamy Raisin Cake that is perfect for any occasion. Made with simple ingredients, including creamy butter, sweet raisins, and fluffy flour, this cake is easy to prepare and will have your taste buds dancing with delight.
Follow the step-by-step instructions to create a light and airy batter that bakes to perfection in just over an hour. Finish with a sprinkle of powdered sugar for a beautiful presentation. Whether served warm or chilled, this cake will be a crowd-pleaser at any gathering. Enjoy the rich and buttery flavors of this Creamy Raisin Cake and let your taste buds savor every bite.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar for decoration
- In a bowl, combine softened butter, granulated sugar, and salt.
- Mix with a spatula until smooth.
- Continue to beat with a mixer on medium speed until the mixture becomes pale and slightly increases in volume.
- Add one egg at a time and beat well after each addition until smooth.
- While mixing, stop the mixer periodically to scrape the mixture off the sides of the bowl to ensure even mixing.
- After adding all the eggs, continue to beat for an additional 3-4 minutes until the mixture becomes fluffy and white.
- Take a small amount of the mixture and rub it between your fingers to check for sugar crystals.
- Sugar should be completely dissolved. If you can feel small sugar crystals, you can leave them and stop mixing.
- Rinse and dry the raisins and add them to the beaten mixture. If the berries are large, it is better to cut them into smaller pieces.
- Mix the raisins into the mixture with a spatula.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour with baking powder and sift it.
- Add half of the sifted flour to the beaten mixture and mix on low speed until smooth.
- Then add the remaining flour and mix again until smooth.
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan and level it out with a spatula or spoon.
- Bake the cake in a preheated 340°F oven for about 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Check the cake’s readiness with a wooden stick. After piercing it, it should come out dry and clean.
- Leave the cake to cool in the pan.
- Serve the cake immediately after it cools or store it in the refrigerator for 8-12 hours.
- After being refrigerated, the cake will become denser and moister, with a stronger creamy flavor.