Cherry Limeade is a cold, refreshing non-alcoholic drink that is made with fresh lime juice, Sprite, and maraschino cherries, all poured over crushed ice. For a cherry limeade dessert, be sure to try my Cherry Limeade Cupcakes or Cherry Limeade Cake!
If you have ever been to Sonic, a drive-in, fast food restaurant chain, then you have probably seen their selection of Limeade drinks. This Cherry Limeade recipe was inspired by this popular drink but made even sweeter with some added sugar. It’s kid-friendly, but you could always add a splash of vodka in a glass for an adult version of the drink.
Cherry Limeade Recipe
With just a few ingredients and fewer minutes, you can have the perfect summer drink ready to pour!
Ingredients (full recipe below)
- Lime juice–I used 8 limes to get a cup of freshly squeezed lime juice, but you could use concentrate if that is all you have. For every one lime used in a recipe, substitute 2 tablespoons of bottled lime juice.
- Super-fine sugar–Yes, look for superfine sugar; it dissolves much easier in drinks. If you don’t have superfine sugar, you can grind up granulated sugar in a food processor.
- Sprite (or 7-Up)–You could also use diet varieties.
- Maraschino cherries–Use the syrup and the cherries in this recipe.
- Limes–Washed and cut into wedges
- Crushed ice
How to Make Cherry Limeade
There is no blender needed to make this sweet and refreshing drink. Just get out a pitcher and fill it halfway with crushed ice. In a medium bowl, squeeze one cup of lime juice from limes (you will need 8-10 limes, depending on their size) and add in the sugar. Stir until the sugar has dissolved and pour this over the crushed ice.
Add the Sprite, a jar of maraschino cherries (syrup and all), and a few lime wedges to the pitcher. Stir to combine and serve in the glass of your choice. This will make 10 8-ounce glasses of cherry limeade. Store it in the refrigerator to keep it chilled.
- 1 cup (8-10 limes) lime juice, chilled
- ½ cup granulated sugar, superfine
- 1 bottle (2-liters) Sprite, chilled
- 1 jar (10-ounces) maraschino cherries, with syrup
- 1-2 medium limes, thinly sliced
- crushed Ice
- Fill a pitcher halfway with crushed ice.
- In a medium bowl, combine lime juice and sugar, stir until the sugar starts to dissolve
- Pour the lime juice mixture over the ice.
- Add the sprite, cherries (with syrup), and lime slices. Stir to combine.