This canned zucchini adjika is a versatile and flavorful condiment that pairs beautifully with various dishes, from meats to sandwiches. It’s a delightful addition to your culinary repertoire, and you’ll find it easy to prepare. Bon appétit!
- Zucchini: 0.5 kg (about 1.1 pounds)
- Sweet Bell Pepper: 80 g (about 2.8 ounces)
- Carrots: 80 g (about 2.8 ounces)
- Tomatoes: 250 g (about 8.8 ounces)
- Hot Chili Pepper: 0.5-1 piece
- Tomato Paste: 2 tbsp
- Garlic: 1 head
- Vegetable Oil: 30 g (about 1 ounce)
- Sugar: 20-30 g (about 0.7-1 ounce)
- Salt: to taste
- 9% Vinegar: 15-20 ml (about 1-1.4 tablespoons)
- Cut the zucchini into medium-sized pieces (you can peel them if desired).
- Slice the peeled sweet bell pepper and carrots.
- Cut the tomatoes into chunks.
- Grind zucchini, peppers, carrots, and tomatoes through a meat grinder. Transfer the mixture to a saucepan and place it on the stove. Once it comes to a boil, cook for 20 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add salt, sugar, tomato paste, finely chopped hot chili pepper, and vegetable oil. Stir and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Then, pour in the vinegar, mix well, and bring it to a boil. Turn off the heat immediately.
- Distribute the prepared adjika into sterilized jars and seal them. Invert the jars and wrap them until completely cooled.
Enjoy your meal!