Get ready to indulge in a quick and easy treat that’s bursting with flavor! These flaky pouches are made with ready-made puff pastry and filled with a delightful mix of ingredients like boiled potatoes, tomato sauce, gooey mozzarella cheese, cream, boiled eggs, and tangy capers or pickles. You can even get creative and add your favorite meats or sausages for a personalized twist. Simply wrap up the edges of the puff pastry, bake to golden perfection, and enjoy these scrumptious pouches that are perfect as a snack or appetizer. With their irresistible taste and gooey filling, these surprise pouches are sure to be a hit at any gathering. Bon appétit!
- Ready-made puff pastry
- Boiled potatoes
- Tomato sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Unsweetened cream
- Boiled eggs
- Capers or pickles
- Cut the puff pastry into 4 equal parts.
- Place a mixture of the leftover ingredients (boiled potatoes, tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, cream, boiled eggs, capers or pickles) in the center of each puff pastry piece.
- Be cautious with the salt, especially if using capers or pickles, as they are already salty. Season with pepper to taste.
- Fold up the edges of the puff pastry to create a pouch, and twist to seal the edges.
- Place the pouches on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees Celsius (392 degrees Fahrenheit) for 15-18 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Enjoy these delicious flaky surprise pouches hot as a snack or appetizer.
- Note: Feel free to get creative and add other ingredients such as meats or sausages to customize the filling to your liking. Happy cooking!