Knowing how to turn a pumpkin into a gourmet dessert is real magic. (Almost as much as turning pumpkins into carriages.) Well, if you’re not a magician, we can teach you. The recipe is very simple!
- Shortbread cookies 200 g
- butter 80 g
- 150 g sugar
- Pumpkin flesh 600 g
- 400 g cream cheese or cottage cheese
- 3 eggs
- vanilla extract To taste
- You will need a spring form with a diameter of 20 cm.
- Chop the pumpkin flesh and steam for 15 minutes. Mash the boiled pumpkin with a fork or whisk in a blender.
- If the puree is too thin, heat it up and boil it for a few minutes.
- Let the mashed pumpkin cool down and measure 400g.
- Heat the oven to 150°C. Put a deep dish half-full of hot water on the lower level of the oven.
- Grease the mold with butter.
- Prepare the base. Melt the butter and let cool slightly.
- Crush the cookies to a coarse crumb, add the butter and 50g. sugar, and stir until smooth.
- In the prepared form put the mass evenly and tightly, making the sides.
- Put the form with the base in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Combine the pumpkin puree with the cheese, eggs and 100g of sugar in a bowl, add the vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- Spread the cream mixture on the base and bake the cheesecake for 50 minutes.
- Let the finished cheesecake cool completely in a half-open oven and leave in the fridge for 12-16 hours.