- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut up
- 1 1/2 T. small curd cottage cheese
- 1/2 C. pepper jack cheese
- 1 T. all purpose flour
- 3 T. cornstarch
- 1 egg
- 1 T. water
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 3/4 C. panko breadcrumbs
- veg. oil for frying
- 1/3 C. mayo,
- 1 T. chili sauce,
- 1/2 tsp. ground horseradish,
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder,
- 1/8 tsp. smoked paprika,
- few drops of hot sauce.
- Mix well
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water till fork tender, drain well and mash with a potato masher (you should have about 1 1/4 cups once mashed).
- Let them cool for 20 minutes then stir in the cottage cheese, pepper jack cheese and flour.
- Mix well then pinch off small amounts of the potatoes and roll into a ball, place on a plate.
- Once you have them all done put them in the fridge for 30 minutes and make the sauce.
- When ready to fry, put the cornstarch in a bowl, mix the egg and water together and combine the seasonings and panko in another bowl.
- Heat a deep fryer to 350 degrees.
- Roll each potato bite in the cornstarch then dip in the egg and then the breadcrumbs.
- Once all are done begin to fry them in batches till golden, takes less than a minute.