Imagine a stack of pancakes that are not just light and airy but also incredibly delicious.
This recipe, harmonizing European elegance with American breakfast tradition, guarantees a symphony of taste and texture. With the magic of kefir, eggs, sugar, a hint of salt, and the perfect amount of flour, these pancakes promise to be the highlight of your morning. Get ready for a breakfast treat that is as delightful to make as it is to savor!
- 500 ml kefir (buttermilk)
- 3 eggs
- Sugar to taste
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1.5-1 2/3 cups flour
- Combine eggs and sugar. Add 4-5 tbsp sugar. Beat sugar and eggs with a mixer or simply mix well.
- Pour in kefir. Add baking soda to the batter and mix thoroughly until bubbles appear.
- Add a pinch of salt and gradually incorporate flour – start with 1 cup, mix, then add the remaining flour (up to 2/3 cup) until the batter reaches a thick consistency.
- Heat sunflower oil in a skillet. Spoon portions of the batter onto the skillet, shaping them into round pancakes.
- Fry on both sides until golden brown.
Enjoy your meal!