With the arrival of spring, radishes become the first of the seasonal vegetables we eagerly use for various salads and appetizers. Our bodies, craving vitamins after a long winter, yearn for something fresh and crisp. Why not experiment a little and prepare an unusual radish salad? A vibrant green dressing based on thick, classic yogurt magically transforms this familiar flavor combination.
- Radishes: 2 bunches
- Cucumbers: 2–4 pieces
- Dill: 1 bunch
- Sour cream: 3 tbsp
- Garlic: 1 clove
- Eggs: 4–5 pieces
- Yogurt: 300 ml
- Olive oil: 2 tbsp
- Black pepper (ground): to taste
- Dijon mustard: to taste
- Peel the hard-boiled eggs and cut them into large pieces.
- Rinse the radishes, remove the stems and tails. Crush or tap each one with something heavy to make them crack. If they are too large, cut them into smaller slices. Similarly, slightly crush the cucumbers, then cut them into medium-sized pieces.
- Finely chop the washed herbs and garlic, place them in a blender bowl. Add salt to taste, olive oil, and blend until smooth. Pour in 3 tablespoons of plain yogurt and blend again. Add the remaining yogurt, mix, adjust the seasoning by adding salt and pepper if necessary.
- Combine the radishes, cucumber slices, and the dressing. Mix them together.
- Dress the eggs with sour cream, salt, pepper, and add Dijon mustard to taste. Mix well.
- Serve the dish by first placing the main salad (radish and cucumber) on the plate, followed by the egg salad. A few slices of Borodino bread will make an excellent addition!
- The dressed eggs in this dish can also be served separately, but they taste even better together. You’ll practically have two salads in one. Surprise your family and friends by preparing this salad for them. They’ll likely ask for the recipe themselves!
Enjoy your meal!