These hot onion sandwiches are a delicious and budget-friendly snack that can be prepared quickly. They are made with ingredients commonly found in any kitchen, making them a perfect choice for a student’s meal.
The combination of flavors from the onions, cheese (if added), and the crispy texture of the bread creates a mouthwatering treat. Give this recipe a try, and you’ll be pleasantly surprised by how tasty and satisfying these sandwiches are!
- 6 slices of French bread
- 1 egg
- 1-2 onions
- 1 tsp flour
- Cheese (optional)
- Start by cutting the French bread into approximately one-centimeter thick slices.
- Beat the egg with salt, grate the cheese, finely chop the onions, and mix them together with the egg. Add a little flour to the mixture.
- Spread the prepared filling on each slice of bread.
- Heat a frying pan with sunflower oil and place the sandwiches, filling side down. Watch the video to see how to keep the filling in place.
- Fry until golden brown, which usually takes about two minutes.
- Flip the sandwiches to the other side and cook for another minute. You can skip frying the second side if you prefer softer sandwiches, but I enjoy them crispy!