One Pot Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup! Comfort food at it’s best! Loaded with bacon, sausage, potatoes, and kale! So delicious and filling, the whole family will love this soup!
I love how all the drippings from the sausage and bacon add so much flavor to the soup! It’s fantastic!
I add a bit of crushed red pepper flakes to the soup as well as a bit of salt and pepper. Totally optional. The soup already has a lot of salt from the bacon and heat from the spicy Italian sausage so feel free to omit if you’d like.
- 16 oz spicy Italian sausage
- 8 slices of bacon
- ½ large onion diced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic minced
- 28 oz low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 5 medium russet potatoes thinly sliced
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes optional
- Salt and pepper optional
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Parmesan cheese
- Brown sausage in a large pot or dutch oven.
- Remove sausage with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Cut bacon into small pieces.
- Add bacon to pot and cook until crispy.
- Stir in chopped onion. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Stir in minced garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add chicken broth and water to the pot. Add crushed red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper if desired.
- Add thinly sliced potatoes (I use a mandoline) and the cooked sausage to the pot and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Continue cooking until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the kale to the soup, and simmer for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the heavy cream and let heat through.
- Ladle soup into bowls and serve with Parmesan cheese.