These Garlic Breadsticks are brushed with warm butter and topped with garlic salt to make them a perfect addition to any meal, especially Spaghetti Carbonara and Spaghetti with Meatballs. But, don’t limit them to pasta night.
Garlic Breadsticks remind me of the unlimited basket of breadsticks served at Olive Garden. I have eaten a countless number of those, and I have even been known to take the leftovers home for later! I love dipping garlic breadsticks in soups and sauces, and there is nothing better than a garlicky breadstick to have alongside my Classic Fettuccini Alfredo. Plus, these breadsticks are pretty simple to make!
With just a few ingredients, you can make these garlic breadsticks to have in time for dinner! Add some melted butter and garlic salt for a savory bonus.
HOW TO MAKE GARLIC BREADSTICKS
Get out your stand mixer and ingredients to get started on the breadsticks.
- In the bowl of the stand mixer, combine the yeast, sugar, and warm water. Let that sit for about 5 minutes until the sugar and yeast dissolve.
- Add in the salt, oil, and flour, mixing everything together until combined.
- Next, put on the dough hook attachment and knead the dough for about 5 minutes on medium speed.
- Round the dough into a ball and place it in a greased bowl to let it rise for about an hour.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Gently punch down on the dough to deflate it. Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces. One strategy you could use is to gently roll the dough into a log on a clean surface. Then, use a bench knife or stiff spatula to cut the log of dough into equal-sized pieces. If you have a kitchen scale, now would be a wonderful time to use it to get the rolls as similar in size and weight as possible. You could also continue to divide the dough in half, and in half again, etc., until you get 12 pieces.
- Roll each ball of dough into a rope that is about 9 inches long. Place them onto the prepared baking sheets, cover them with a clean kitchen towel, and let them rise for about an hour.
HOW TO BAKE GARLIC BREADSTICKS
When the breadsticks are close to done rising, preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Bake the breadsticks for 12-14 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
- Remove them from the oven and brush each of them with melted butter.
- Sprinkle some garlic salt and kosher salt on top of the butter.
Dig in and enjoy! Store the breadsticks in a breadbox or plastic storage bag at room temperature (not in the refrigerator) for up to 5 days. Let them cool completely if you store them in the freezer. Be sure to label the freezer-safe container with the date. The breadsticks will last up to 3 months in the freezer.
- 1 cup warm water, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
In the bowl of your stand mixer, combine the yeast, sugar, and warm water. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes.
Add in the salt, olive oil, and flour, mixing until combined. (Add additional flour if needed, or until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.)
Switch to the dough hook and knead for about 5 minutes at medium speed.
Round the dough into a ball and place it into a greased bowl to rise (about an hour, or until doubled in size).
Prepare two baking sheets by lining them with parchment paper.
Gently punch down on the risen dough to deflate it. Divide the dough into 12 equal balls by dividing the dough in half until you are down to 12 pieces.
Roll each ball of dough into a rope (about nine inches), and place it on the prepared baking sheets. Cover the dough ropes with a clean kitchen towel to let them rise for about an hour.
Preheat the oven to 425°F when the dough is just about done rising.
Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until golden brown. Brush them with the melted butter and sprinkle with the garlic salt and Kosher salt. Serve warm.