Indulge in the extraordinary flavors of “Eggplant Delight with a Twist” – a dish that will have eggplant lovers craving for more!
This dish, reminiscent of mushrooms in taste, is a culinary delight whether served hot or cold. Try preparing eggplants this way, and you’ll be pleasantly surprised by the results!
Ingredients for Fried Eggplants with a Twist:
- 3–4 medium eggplants (aubergines)
- 2 medium onions
- 3 eggs
- a handful of dried mushrooms
- vegetable oil for frying
- black ground pepper
- dill or other herbs
- no salt needed!
Instructions for Cooking Fried Eggplants with a Twist:
- Peel the skin off the eggplants and cut the flesh into cubes.
- Beat the eggs until fluffy and pour them over the eggplant cubes. Mix thoroughly and cover with a lid. Let it sit for an hour, stirring the eggplants 5–6 times during this period. The eggs should not be visible at the end.
- Place the eggplants in a skillet and lightly fry them in vegetable oil.
- Dice the onions and add them to the skillet. Mix and continue frying for 3 minutes.
- Crush the dried mushrooms into powder (you can use a mushroom cube). Sprinkle the mushroom powder into the skillet and cook the eggplants until done.
- Season with pepper and sprinkle with chopped dill.
- Optionally, serve with sour cream.
Enjoy your meal!