Filiponos are fan of sweet delicacies that also reflects the many version of kakanin. One of it is the pastillas that is originally made of carabao’s milk, though, nowadays it is difficult to find that authentic ingredient just to make yourself this comfort food pastillas.
Kids will surely love pastillas, a perfect treat while watching television or movies or even for desserts.
There are many ways to cook this sweet delight, but what we have here is the easy version of recipe that requires no cooking. You just need to mix the ingredients that are mainly powdered milk and condensed milk. However, you need to refrigerate it for the best result.
- 1 pack powdered milk (320g)
- 1 can condensed milk (380g)
- Sugar, for coating
- Coat the base of a bowl with some margarine.
- Add the powdered milk. Use a strainer to break up the clumps.
- Mix the powdered milk and the margarine.
- Gradually add condensed milk then mix. Stop adding condensed milk if good texture is achieved. (The texture is good if the mixture is not too dry or too thin)
- Refrigerate the mixture for about 20 mins. so it will be slightly hard and easy enough to shape.
- Using your hands, form the mixture into balls. Then roll the balls on a plate or tray of sugar. Make sure each piece is well-coated.
- Transfer to a container or wrap them with cellophane if preferred.
Enjoy your homemade pastillas!