In half an hour, you’ll make a full meal – quick, inexpensive, and to everyone’s liking! The classic combination of feta cheese and tomatoes adds a touch of Mediterranean flavor to this dish. An essential ingredient is aromatic herbs.
- potatoes 600 g
- vegetable oil 6 tbsp
- chicken fillet with skin 4 pcs.
- feta cheese 100 g
- sage leaves 1 bundle
- basil leaves 1 bundle
- Onion 1 pc.
- 2 tbsp. butter
- Canned fresh tomatoes in their own juice 400g
- sugar To taste
- salt To taste
- ground chili pepper To taste
- Boil the potatoes in salted water until soft. Drain the water, cut the potatoes into slices and fry them in half the vegetable oil until golden brown.
- Our tip: If you are on a diet, instead of fried potatoes you can serve steamed Jasmine rice as a side dish with the chicken. In that case, 150 grams of rice will be enough for 4 servings.
- Wash and dry the chicken fillets and make a pocket-shaped cut on the side. Fill it with slices of feta cheese and, optionally, greens to taste, then fasten with toothpicks. Salt and pepper the chicken fillets. 3.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the chicken fillets on both sides. Then turn down the heat, add the sage leaves and stew all together under a lid for 10 minutes.
- For the sauce, peel and finely chop the onion. Lightly brown in butter, add the tomatoes, a little salt, pepper and a sprinkle of sugar. Braise on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Serve chicken fillet with side dish and sauce. Decorate with fresh basil leaves.