This dip is also known as Robert’s Corn Dip here at Gooseberry Patch. We’re not sure who this Robert is – Carole Snodgrass shared the recipe with us – but WOW do we love this dip!
- 3 (11-oz.) cans sweet corn & diced peppers, drained
- 7-oz. can chopped green chiles
- 6-oz. can chopped jalapeno peppers, drained and liquid added to taste
- 1/2 c. green onion, chopped
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 16-oz. pkg. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- scoop-like corn or tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients except chips. Chill two hours to overnight. Serve with your favorite chips for scooping. Makes 6 cups.
- Three cans of drained corn – also known as Mexi-corn
- Add the chopped green chiles and the jalapenos.
- Don’t forget my friends, the green onions.
- This is one cup of mayonnaise, one cup of sour cream, pepper, and garlic powder. You can add any other seasonings that you desire. I would also take the liberty of adding cilantro.
- You can adjust the ingredients to make it as spicy as you would like by adding more jalapeno juice or even some hot sauce.
- Finish up with the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Stir all ingredients together and refrigerate, preferably overnight. The dip will thicken and the cheese will absorb any excess liquid.
- Serve with your favorite scoop chip and enjoy!!