- 5 T. butter
- 2 1/2 – 3 C. cubed beef (I used a flat iron steak)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 C. chopped cabbage
- 14.5 oz. beef broth
- 15 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 can water, using the empty tomato can
- 1 pint stewed tomatoes
- 12 oz. frozen vegetable soup mix
- 14.5 oz. can field peas& snaps, drained (you can use lima’s, or any type of extra beans you might want to add)
- 1 C. frozen whole kernel corn
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 3 T. butter in a dutch oven over high heat.
- Add the cubed beef and onions, cooking till meat has browned.
- Add the cabbage and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the broth, tomatoes, water, soup mix, peas and corn.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for 1 hour (if using a tougher cut of meat it may take a little longer), stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the remaining butter and salt and pepper to taste