Add it to your diet!
Celery is a plant known for its robust nutritional profile and wide range of health benefits. It contains minerals such as magnesium, calcium, and potassium, as well as vitamins A, B, C, and K.
It is also packed with phytonutrients that have powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties known to boost immunity, improve intracellular communication, and repair DNA damage caused by toxins. Regular consumption of phytonutrients has also been found to help prevent cancer and heart disease.
Benefits of celery:
- Alkalizes the body and regulates pH levels.
- Relaxes the nervous system and improves sleep.
- Enhances vision due to its vitamin A content, which protects the cornea and treats dryness of the eyes.
- Reduces the risk of stomach ulcers and gastritis.
- Improves digestion due to its high fiber content, which helps treat constipation and stomach issues.
- Aids in weight loss as it is low in calories and high in fiber.
- Acts as an aphrodisiac due to the male pheromones androstenone and androstenol it contains.
- Regulates cholesterol levels and blood pressure.
- Treats heartburn and acid reflux.
- Improves male fertility by increasing sperm count and aldosterone hormone levels.
- Hydration (celery is 96% water, so it keeps the body hydrated throughout the day).
- Treats urinary tract infections due to its diuretic effects, which help eliminate excess fluids without causing potassium loss.
- Other significant benefits include its ability to improve liver function, skin health, eye health, and cognitive health.
Celery is also known as nature’s dental floss, so make sure you chew it well. It breaks down fibrous strands that thoroughly clean your teeth. Additionally, chewing stimulates saliva production in the mouth, which remineralizes the teeth.
Celery is highly versatile, so you can eat it raw, cooked, or stuffed.
Tips for using celery:
- Prepare braised celery.
- Make celery soup.
- Add it to your salads.
- Include it in stews.
- Dip celery in various sauces and oils.
- Combine it with peanut butter.
- Dip celery in cream cheese or yogurt, or cheese sauce.
- Drink celery juice.
- Eat celery raw.
Enjoy the many health benefits and culinary possibilities that celery offers!