Pickled mushrooms – what could be tastier?
They can be prepared for every day, as an addition to lunch or dinner, or can be on the festive table!
We will pickle mushrooms not with vinegar, but with lemon juice. Let’s be honest, if you like the nuclear vinegar taste of mushrooms, like from a store, then you will not like my recipe. It has a finer acid note. In addition, you can reduce or increase the amount of juice to your liking. After all, the recipe is the foundation that you modify for yourself.
And a very important point. Please wait at least a day before serving the champignons. This is very difficult – I checked for myself I walked in circles around the refrigerator, tore off, opened it and grabbed a couple of mushrooms from the can. Therefore, when the day passed, there were not many pickled mushrooms left, and I cooked them again. Perhaps in two days the champignons become even tastier, but we can’t stand it for so long ….
You can marinate not only mushrooms, but also bell pepper!
- 500 g small champignons
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 green onion feathers
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Bunch of parsley
- 2 tbsp olive or sunflower (necessarily unrefined) oil
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
How to cook
- Rinse the mushrooms thoroughly. Try to buy exactly small mushrooms, but if you got bigger, cut them in half.
- Put the mushrooms in a pan, salt, add water and put on the stove. When the mushrooms boil with water, reduce the heat to an average
- level and cook for 10 minutes. Drain the water and let the mushrooms cool.
- Finely chop green onion and parsley at this time. Pass the garlic through a garlic squeezer. Mix greens, garlic and salt, mix and leave for 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, black pepper, oil, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Mix together all the ingredients. Try mushrooms for acid and salt – maybe the added amount will be enough for you. I added another spoonful of lemon juice and a little salt.
- At the bottom of the can put a bay leaf. Then lay out all the mushrooms, including all juices and herbs. Mushrooms in the jar will not be covered with juice, so close it and shake well.
- Leave the mushrooms for a day in the refrigerator. Then put in a deep plate and serve.