Now, I no longer buy pastry dough from the store; I make it myself!
- Margarine (room temperature) – 200 grams (7 ounces)
- Egg yolk – 1 piece
- Sour cream (or yogurt, buttermilk) – 100 ml (3.4 fluid ounces)
- Salt (a pinch) – 1 gram
- Flour – 500 grams (17.6 ounces)
- In the flour, add margarine or butter, you can use 100 grams (3.5 ounces) of each.
- Turn it all into crumbs, and this can be done quite quickly, using your hands.
- Then add the egg yolk and sour cream (or yogurt, whichever you have).
- Knead the dough.
- If the dough is sticky, add more flour.
- Refrigerate the dough. Your dough is ready.
Now you can make cookies, pies, whatever you like. Let’s prepare the most delicious cookies that simply melt in your mouth, and the caramelized crust adds a delightful crunch…
Simply cut off a piece of the dough and roll it out. Using a pizza cutter, slice it into triangles and rhombuses. Thinner slices will result in fewer layers, while thicker slices will yield more layers. Separately, prepare a bowl with the remaining egg white from the dough and another bowl with sugar, about a cup.
Sprinkle a baking sheet with flour and dip each triangle in the egg white, then in the sugar, with the dry side down, place them on the baking sheet, sugar-side up.
With this amount of dough, you’ll get enough cookies for four baking sheets. Bake until they turn golden brown at 180°C (356°F). You’ll get these incredibly delicious and crispy treats.
Enjoy your meal!