- 2 8 ounce packages low-fat cream cheese or 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 6 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 21 ounce can cherry pie filling
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Line a 13 x 9″ baking pan with foil, letting ends extend a bit over sides. Lightly coat the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Topping: Beat together all topping ingredients in medium mixing bowl until blended and smooth. Set aside.
- Brownie: In a large microwavable mixing bowl, melt butter and chocolate using med power — about 2 minutes—check every 45 seconds and stir. (Can also do in a saucepan over low heat.) Heat until chocolate is melted and smooth — stir to make a smooth mixture.
- With wooden spoon, stir in sugar, vanilla and salt into melted chocolate mixture. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring briskly after each egg, until well-blended. Stir in flour.
- Spoon brownie mixture into prepared baking pan.
- Scatter heaping Tbsp of topping mixture on top of brownie mixture. Next, scatter Tbsps of cherry pir filling over top. Run tip of a knife through topping and pie filling to create a marbelized look.
- Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes or until brownie edges begin to pull away from sides and edges of cream cheese are slightly brown. THE
- CENTER WILL STILL “JIGGLE” WHEN SHAKEN EVEN WHEN THEY ARE DONE!
- Cool in pan on wire rack. When cooled, chill for at least 4 hours before cutting.
- After chilling, simply lift out by using the foil that lines the pan. Place on cutting board and cut into squares, and place into individual cupcake/muffin liners.