Absolutely the BEST macaroni salad! The mayo mixture in this Sweet Amish Macaroni Salad Recipe is what makes it so delightful — that bit of sweetness!
- 1 lb salad macaroni
- 4 hard-boiled eggs (chopped)
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 3 celery ribs, diced small
- 1 small sweet pepper, seeded and diced small (red or orange)
- 2 cups light mayonnaise (do not use Miracle Whip)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar or 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- paprika (to garnish)
- Cook the macaroni according to directions, drain well.
- While pasta is cooking mix up all the dressing ingredients till well blended and set aside.
- Chop up all the veggies.
- When macaroni has cooled and drained well mix in the dressing (add all of it if you like very creamy salad.if you don’t like a lot of dressing leave out about 1/2-3/4 c of the dressing. Remember that as it sets it will soak up some of the dressing.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour, the longer you let it set the better the flavor.
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 17g
Saturated Fat 3g
Trans Fat 0g
Unsaturated Fat 13g