- 5-6 large potatoes, thinly sliced
- 6 strips bacon, cooked
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 celery stalk sliced thinly
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 15 oz. can fired roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1/2 cup raisins… ( Yes I said raisins…)
- 1/2 jar Hatch Verde Tortilla salsa or 1 /2 cup tomitilla salsa
- 1 cup Mexican blend shredded chees
1.Boil potatoes in a pot of water until just tender. Drain and mash.
2.Preheat oven to 375°.
3.In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and add onions. Sauté onions for 2-3 minutes, until translucent. Add garlic and celery, sauté for another 2-4 minutes, until aroma is noticeable and vegetables are tender. Add beef to skillet and cook until browned.Drain off fat
4.Add tomatoes, chili powder, salt, and raisins; mix well.
5.Transfer beef mixture to baking dish. Pour over Hatch Verde Tortilla or Salsa.
6.Spoon or pipe potatoes on top and layer with bacon stripes.
7.Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 45 minutes, or until bubbly