- brownie layer
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons butter
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- mousse layer
- ¾ cups miniature marshmallows
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- chocolate drizzle (optional)
- ⅓ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×9 inch square pan with nonstick foil and lightly grease.
- Melt butter over medium heat. Once completely melted, continue to stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until the color changes from yellow to a golden amber color. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl whisk flour, cocoa powder, salt, and sugar. Add melted butter, vanilla, and eggs and mix to combine.
- Pour brownie mixture into prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- While the brownie layer is baking, begin to prepare the mousse. Add marshmallows, chocolate chips, and milk to a medium sauce pan and stir over medium-low heat until melted and smooth. Allow mixture to cool while brownies cool.
- When brownies are cooled, finish the mousse layer. Add heavy cream (it should be very cold straight from the fridge) to a large bowl and mix until stiff peaks form. Add cooled chocolate mixture and mix til smooth. Spread mousse over cooled brownie layer.
- For the chocolate drizzle (optional) add chocolate chips and heavy cream to a heat safe bowl and microwave on half power for 2 minutes. Stir, and return to microwave (at half power) for 20 seconds at a time stirring after each, as needed til mixture is completely melted and smooth. Allow to cool slightly before drizzling over mousse layer.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes before cutting into bars and serving.