Baked Scrambled Eggs – A great way to make eggs for a crowd and free up a stove burner for your other breakfast items!
- 2 tbsp butter
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Preheat the oven to 350f/175c
- Place the butter in an oven-proof baking dish (mine is a 10-inch oval dish) and place in the oven until melted – about 3 minutes.
- Place the eggs, cheddar, salt, pepper and milk in a large bowl and whisk lightly to combine. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Cook for 6-7 mins until the outside of the eggs has puffed up and cooked, leaving pool of uncooked egg in the middle. Take out of the oven and stir. Cook for a further 5-6 mins until just cooked through.
- Stir again to break up the pieces. Top with fresh chives before serving.
- You can double up the recipe by using a larger baking dish and adding an extra 5 minutes to the initial cooking time and an extra 2-3 minutes cooking time after stirring.