Embark on a culinary adventure with beer-battered cauliflower, a dish so irresistibly tasty and crispy that it’s like nothing you’ve ever experienced before! Imagine the vibrant colors of cauliflower dipped in a beer-infused batter, creating a symphony of flavors that dance on your taste buds.
Get ready to savor the perfect crunch, as each floret of cauliflower is enveloped in a golden, flavorful coating. Join me in exploring the art of creating this delectable dish in just a few simple steps!
- 1 cauliflower
- 200 ml (3/4 cup + 1 1/2 tbsp) beer
- 200 g (1 2/3 cups) flour
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 30 g (1/3 cup) cheese
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg yolk
- Vegetable oil
- Disassemble the cauliflower into florets. Boil in salted water for 5 minutes. Drain and dry on a colander, then sprinkle with lemon juice. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Mix flour with curry powder and salt. Add melted butter, egg yolk, and pour in beer, stirring constantly. Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Dip cauliflower pieces into the batter and fry in preheated vegetable oil until golden brown. Place the finished cauliflower on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Serve with your favorite sauce (I love it with garlic).
Enjoy your meal!