Did you run out of ideas on how to cook simple but tasty tilapia dishes? If one of your favorite dish is bistek (a Filipino version of beef steak) but don’t want to eat beef or pork for health reasons or you are just sick of eating beef all the time, then this bistek na tilapia might be the answer. You will be amaze that this recipe tastes like the beef version even though the main ingredient is fish. Try it and I’m sure you will love it.
To cook bistek na tilapia; Clean and wash the tilapia, remove grills, innards and scales. Rinse to remove blood and remaining scales. Cut a slit on each side of the fish and rub with rock salt. Fry the tilapia until the skin is crispy and set aside. In a medium size wok or frying pan, heat some oil and saute the ingredients.
That’s it, cooking tilapia steak is so easy so try it out!
- 3 pcs (700 g) large tilapia, filleted (reserve bones and heads)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup DEL MONTE Instant Marinade Beef Steak and Tapa
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed and fried until brown
- 1 stalk green onion, chopped
- MARINATE fish including bones and heads in DEL MONTE Marinade for 30 minutes.
- Drain, but reserve marinade.
- COAT fish including bones, with flour and deep-fry each piece until golden brown.
- Return fish fillet to the bone to make into whole fish.
- Arrange on a platter. Set aside.
- SIMMER marinade for 2 minutes.
- Pour over fish.
- Top with garlic and green onions.