- ½ cup of powdered milk.
- 2 packages of active yeast.
- ½ cup of sugar.
- ½ cup of shortening.
- 1 ½ cups of warm water.
- 4 cups of all purpose flour.
- 1 ¼ tsps of salt
- In a small bowl, mix together the yeast, ½ cup of water and ½ of salt and let dissolve.
- In a stand mixer, put all the dry ingredients together add the shortening and blend on low.
- Add the yeast mixture and remaining water and blend until well combined.
- On a floured surface, place the dough and knead for a couple of minutes. Form into a ball then place the dough in a greased bowl. Cover the bowl and let the dough rise to double.
- Knead the dough again for a couple of minutes and divide it in half.
- Roll out each half to ½ inch thick then cut with a biscuit cutter.
- Place the biscuits in a greased baking sheet and let rise to double again.
- In a preheated oven to 375 degrees, bake the rolls until golden brown on top, you can brush with melted butter