Thinly sliced zucchini is lightly grilled and then rolled up in a soft and savory potato dough, creating a perfect bite-sized snack or appetizer. This recipe is easy to make and is sure to impress your guests. Sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top and bake until golden brown for an added touch of flavor. Serve at room temperature for the best taste.
- 500g boiled and mashed potatoes (peeled)
- 400g zucchini, thinly sliced
- 150g flour
- 1 egg
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Rinse the zucchini and pat dry with paper towels. Slice them thinly and sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Preheat a grill (or a grill pan) and grill the zucchini slices for 2 minutes on each side.
- Mix mashed potatoes, flour, egg, grated parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper together to make a soft and smooth potato dough.
- Roll out the potato dough on a floured surface to 8mm thickness.
- Spread the grilled zucchini slices over the potato dough and roll up the dough with the help of baking paper.
- Cut the large roll into 12-14 small rolls.
- Place the rolls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper lightly coated with olive oil.
- Sprinkle the top of the rolls generously with grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven under the grill until golden brown (about 5 minutes).
- Carefully turn the rolls over, sprinkle the other side with parmesan cheese, and bake until golden brown.
- Serve at room temperature.
Enjoy your delicious and healthy potato rolls with grilled zucchini!