Potato dumplings with meat stuffing are a nutritious and healthy dinner. After all, dumplings, unlike potato patties, are not fried but boiled. And they can be served with fried onions, sour cream sauce and dill or just a salad of fresh vegetables.
- 10 potatoes.
- flour 100g
- egg yolk 2 pc.
- beef 500 g
- 2 onions
- vegetable oil 2 tbsp
- Dried oregano 1 tsp.
- Dried thyme 1 tsp.
- basil 4 sprigs
- 50g butter
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Wash, peel and boil 8 potatoes until fully cooked.
- Grate 2 raw potatoes on a fine grater.
- Mash the boiled potatoes, add the grated raw potatoes and mix thoroughly.
- Add flour, egg yolks, salt and pepper to taste.
- Boil the beef. Chop boiled meat, salt and pepper it.
- Chop onions and fry in vegetable oil until golden brown, chop some of them.
- Add chopped meat, oregano, thyme and chopped basil leaves to the onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- Make 8 tortillas from the potato mixture.
- Put 2-3 teaspoons of the meat filling in each one and make round dumplings.
- Cook dumplings in boiling salted water until they are ready (about 10-12 minutes).
- Place dumplings in a dish and pour melted butter over them.
- Serve the dumplings with fried onions or bacon as a separate dish.
Our tip: Dumplings go well with sour cream sauce and fragrant greens.