Inspired by the Philippine national dish, this Easy Chicken Adobo uses a simple blend of garlic, vinegar, and soy sauce to give chicken a zingy boost. This is the perfect dinner recipe to spice up your usual routine.
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 whole garlic bulb, smashed and peeled
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 pounds bone-in chicken thighs or drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup water
- Combine the first six ingredients. Add chicken; refrigerate, covered, 20-30 minutes.
- Drain, reserving marinade. Pat chicken dry.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken.
- Stir in water and reserved marinade. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until chicken is no longer pink and sauce is slightly reduced, 20-25 minutes.
- If desired, serve chicken with cooking sauce.
Serving Size 8 oz.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 25g
Saturated Fat 7g
Trans Fat 0g
Unsaturated Fat 18g