This dish will delight not only fans of Japanese cuisine but also anyone who loves a combination of flavors and textures. Moreover, eggs prepared in this way acquire a truly unique taste!
This recipe is also known as “Egg Tempura.” And that’s right, as it involves cooking eggs in a batter made from tempura mix. Tempura batter can be purchased at a supermarket and typically consists of wheat flour, rice flour, egg white, and spices. If you can’t find ready-made tempura batter, you can use any regular batter you usually prepare with simple flour.
Ingredients (for 2 servings):
- Chicken eggs, 4 pieces, frozen
- All-purpose flour, 2 tablespoons
- Tempura mix, 3 tablespoons
- Water, 4 tablespoons
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Mix the tempura mix and water together in a bowl (prepare the tempura batter).
- Peel the frozen eggs and coat them in all-purpose flour. Then dip them into the tempura batter.
- Fry the eggs in boiling vegetable oil for about 6 minutes.
- ATTENTION! When frying, do not put more than 2 eggs at once, otherwise, the oil temperature may drop below the required level, and the eggs may not turn out as they should.
- When the eggs float to the surface, turn them over to cook them evenly on all sides.
- Serve with salt, soy sauce, mayonnaise, or other seasonings according to your taste. Enjoy!
Note: “Tempura” is a Japanese dish where various ingredients are dipped in batter and deep-fried to create a crispy, delicious coating. This recipe puts a unique twist on traditional tempura by using eggs as the main ingredient, resulting in a delightful and unexpected treat for your taste buds. Try these Japanese-style eggs for a breakfast experience like no other!