- 2 baking potatoes, washed and sliced (and peeled if you want to)
- 1onion, sliced
- 1-2 Tbsp
- mrs. dash seasoning
- minced garlic
- toppings: butter, shredded cheese, parsley, sour cream, sliced green onions, bacon bits, whatever you like on your potatoes
- salt and pepper
- Place sliced potatoes with onions and garlic on top in a microwave dish – a plate, pie plate or whatever is a safe microwavable dish.
- Cover with a paper towel. Cook on high 20 minutes. (Your cooking time really depends a lot on how thick you cut your potatoes, you really want them about halfway done.)
- Rearrange potatoes on plate and cook about 7 more minutes. I use 2 long pieces of aluminum foil, enough to make a nice packet to hold the potatoes.
- I lay one lengthwise and one crosswise of that one. Spray with cooking spray.
- Place sliced potatoes on foil, put onions on top of potatoes, season with a few pats of butter, Mrs. Dash, salt and pepper.
- Fold foil over potatoes making a nice tight packet. Place on top rack of grill and finish cooking while you are cooking your meat, about 20 – 25 minutes, there’s no need to turn.
- The potatoes are actually steaming in the packet. Remove from grill and while still hot, top with more butter and shredded cheese, add other toppings as desired.