- 2 C. chicken broth (I used the water my chicken cooked in)
- 2 lbs. of chicken ( I used all thighs, my preference)
- 1 10.5 oz. can cream of chicken soup
- 2 T. unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 C. all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 C. milk
- Place the chicken in a pot and cover with water.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 1 hour.
- Remove chicken from pot, save the water, and let cool.
- Shred the chicken and place in the bottom of a 11×7 baking dish.
- Whisk together the flour, milk and butter, pour over the chicken.
- Whisk together the broth, soup, salt and pepper, pour over the casserole, DO NOT STIR.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
- Let sit for a few minutes before serving.