For the double fried chicken:
- ½ kilo Bounty Fresh chicken wings
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 2 cups cornstarch
For the soy garlic glaze:
- ¼ small onion, shredded
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ cup light soy sauce
- ¼ cup mirin
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1-inch ginger, peeled and shredded
- White sesame seeds, for garnish
- Pat dry chicken wings. Season then dredge chicken in cornstarch. Deep fry until cooked all the way through. Place on paper towel to drain excess oil and allow to dry.
- To make soy-garlic glaze, combine onion, garlic, soy sauce, mirin, brown sugar, garlic powder and ginger in a saucepan.
- Place over low-medium heat and stir until sugar is fully dissolved. In a small bowl, place cornstarch and a tablespoon of the soy-garlic mixture.
- Mix to dissolve. Add to the saucepan and stir until slightly thickened.
- Flash fry chicken in hot oil. Place on paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Toss chicken wings in glaze. Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.