- 1 medium head of cabbage, about 5 C. when sliced
- good pinch of red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 C. water
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 T. butter
- Wash the cabbage and slice in half then into strips.
- Place the cabbage in a 2 quart baking dish (I used my 8″ iron skillet).
- Cut the butter into 4 pieces and place around on top of the cabbage.
- Pour in the water and then sprinkle with the seasoning. No need to stir.
- Cover with tinfoil and bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour.
- Remove the tinfoil and bake uncovered for an additional 15 minutes or until your desired tenderness.
- I like mine to get the little crispy tips before I pull it out.