If you Love the taste of Orange Creamsicle Popsicles, you’ll Love this Orange Creamsicle Cake! And nothing says that warmer weather is on the way than the bright taste of citrus!
- 1 Pkg Yellow Cake Mix
- 2 Pk Orange Gelatin
- 1 Pk Vanilla Instant Pudding
- 1 Cup 2% Milk
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Tsp Vanilla
- 1 Tub Whipped Topping
- orange slices for garnish
- Bake the cake as directed in a 9×13″ pan.
- Let cake cool completely.
- Poke holes in cooled cake.
- Mix 1 package orange gelatin dessert with 1 c. boiling water and 1 c. cold water.
- Pour over cake.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Mix pudding mix with cold milk the other package of orange gelatin dessert and vanilla.
- Beat by hand with a whisk until thickened.
- Fold in the whipped topping.
- Frost the cake with the pudding mixture.
For a layered Creamsicle Cake:
- Make the cake batter as directed, then batter pour evenly into 3 round 9″ cake pans.
- Bake cakes as directed and let cool.
- Then, make the orange gelatin as directed on the package — but with this version, you’ll let the gelatin set up instead of pouring it into the cake.
- We recommend using your round cake pans, or using a 13×17″ jelly roll pan (1″ deep cookie sheet with edges).
- Once you pour the liquid gelatin mixture into the pans, it will need to be refrigerated for about 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, make the pudding mixture according to the original recipe.
Finally, layer in this order:
- cake, gelatin pudding mixture.
- Repeat once more for a 6-layered Creamsicle Cake.
Serving Size 1 piece
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 3g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Unsaturated Fat 1g