Enjoy the satisfaction of making your own homemade ketchup with this original recipe. It’s a versatile and tangy condiment that complements any dish perfectly.
By using fresh ingredients, you can create a ketchup that is free from additives and tailored to your taste. Share this recipe with others, and they’ll surely appreciate the delicious difference of homemade ketchup!
- 6.5 lbs – Tomatoes
- 1.1 lbs – Apples
- 9 oz – Onion
- Chop all the ingredients and cook them until the onions are softened.
- Blend the mixture until smooth and cook for another 45-50 minutes until desired thickness is achieved.
- Add 1 ½ cups of sugar, 1 ½ tablespoons of salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste, 1.8 oz of apple cider vinegar. Mix well.
- Remove from heat and pour the ketchup into jars. Seal the jars tightly.
- The type of apples you use will affect the flavor of the sauce. You can choose tart or sweet apples depending on your preference. You can also add garlic or a mix of different peppers for added flavor.