Snickerdoodle Puppy Chow (aka Muddy Buddies) is an easy alternative to get that Snickerdoodle cookie taste in a fun and powdery way! Plus, you can never have enough puppy chow flavors to share (or eat)!
Snickerdoodle Puppy Chow
Another puppy chow recipe, you say? Why, yes! After all, puppy chow (muddy buddies) is such an easy snack to make and have on hand, especially with school starting here soon! I love the combination of cinnamon and sugar, and Snickerdoodles are one of my favorite cookies, so why not bring the flavor into this evergrowing garden of puppy chow flavors?
Snickerdoodle Puppy Chow Recipe
As in the other puppy chow recipes, Snickerdoodle Puppy Chow only requires a few ingredients. In this case, all you need are five!
- Rice Chex Cereal: I use Rice Chex, but any waffle-shaped cereal will do. This is just the vessel that holds all of the chocolatey goodness together.
- Granulated Sugar: Cinnamon’s perfect companion!
- Cinnamon: The complement to the sugar for that Snickerdoodle flavor.
- Confectioners Sugar: This is also known as 10x sugar since this is the number of times sugar is processed to make it so fine. It is also referred to as icing sugar.
How to Make Snickerdoodle Puppy Chow
- Place the almond bark in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high in 30-second intervals and stir after each session. Continue until the mixture is smooth when stirred.
- Stir in the granulated sugar. Mix the sugar with the melted almond bark. This is what you will pour over the cereal.
- Pour the cereal in a large bowl. The bowl should be bigger than you think–this can get messy! Pour the almond bark mixture over the top. Mix it well enough that you coat all of the cereal pieces.
- Put the cereal mixture into a sealable plastic baggie and add the confectioner’s sugar and cinnamon. This is where you turn up the music and get ready to shake it all together! Double-check that the bag is sealed, and shake, shake, shake!
- Place the puppy chow on a sheet pan and allow it to set.
Can This Recipe Be Doubled?
Yes! You can easily double this recipe. Just make sure you have a large enough bowl to mix the ingredients in and that you can work in batches when coating the cereal with almond bark.
How Long Does Puppy Chow Last?
You can store the puppy chow in an airtight container (or in the bag you made it in) on the counter or in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, but I doubt it will last that long! (That is the official answer BTW, I have never refrigerated puppy chow.)
- 6 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 8 ounces almond bark
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (62.5g) confectioners sugar
Melt almond bark in the microwave in a small bowl. Melt in 30-second increments, stirring between.
After melted, stir in sugar.
Pour the cereal into a large bowl and then pour the almond bark mixture over top. With a spatula, stir well, making sure every piece is coated.
Pour the cereal into a large plastic sealable bag and then sprinkle the confectioners sugar and cinnamon over the top. Close bag and shake until well coated.
Place mixture on a sheet pan and allow to set.