Looking for a delicious and healthy way to enjoy zucchini? This zucchini roll with chicken stuffing and cheese is a perfect option. It’s low-carb and gluten-free, but still packed with flavor. The zucchini “crust” is made with grated zucchini, eggs, and a bit of flour, while the filling is a savory mixture of ground chicken and cheese. The roll is baked until golden brown and then sliced into perfectly portioned pieces. Enjoy it as a snack or serve it as an appetizer at your next gathering.
- 2 zucchinis
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 bunch of dill
- 300g ground chicken
- 1 onion
- 100-130g cheese
- Grate the zucchinis with a large grater.
In a bowl, beat the eggs, add 2 slightly heaping teaspoons of salt, freshly ground black pepper and whisk together.
- Squeeze the juice from the grated zucchinis and add them to the eggs.
- Finely chop the dill and add it to the egg and zucchini mixture.
- Gradually add the flour (I used only 3 tablespoons), everyone’s flour is different, so you may need more or less flour.
- The dough should not be too thick or too liquid.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the zucchini mixture evenly over the entire surface of the baking sheet, up to the edges.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 390 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Finely chop the onion and sauté it in vegetable oil until slightly golden brown, then add the ground chicken, season with salt and pepper to taste, and fry until cooked through.
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a bowl.
- Grate the cheese with a large grater and add it to the chicken, mix well.
- Remove the baked zucchini “crust” from the oven and let it cool slightly.
- Spread the filling over the slightly cooled crust, making sure to leave some space at the top.
- Roll up the crust with the filling using the parchment paper on which it was baked.
- Wrap the roll in parchment paper and bake it again in the oven for another 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Remove the finished roll from the oven and serve!