Tornado is a mesmerizing and delightful potato dish with a crispy exterior and a cheesy crust. This fun-to-make and deliciously flavored treat will surely impress your guests and add a delightful twist to your meal. Enjoy the tornado of flavors in each spiral bite!
- 2 medium-sized white potatoes
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Chopped herbs for garnish
It’s best not to peel the potatoes, just wash them thoroughly.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (320°F).
- Insert a skewer into each potato and carefully thread it through the entire potato.
- Hold a sharp, thin knife at an angle and cut the potato in the opposite direction, turning the potato on the skewer.
- Gently fan out the potato along the skewer, creating gaps between the slices, forming a spiral shape.
- Melt the butter and brush it all over the potato.
- In a medium bowl, mix the grated Parmesan cheese, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and salt.
- Hold the threaded potato over the bowl and spoon the cheese mixture over the entire potato, making sure it’s fully coated.
- Place the potato on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until it turns golden brown.
- Sprinkle the finished potato with additional Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes before serving.