- 2 8 oz pkgs of cream cheese (softened to Room Temp)
- 3/4 cup of Sugar
- 3 (large) eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (freshly squeezed, if you can!)
- Dash or 2 of lemon zest (optional)
- Mini Nilla Wafers (REGULAR! none of that LowFat shit..)
- 1 can pie filling of your choice (Strawberry is always a winner)
- Fill a mini cupcake pan with mini liners and put your mini wafers in with the mounded side up•Put all your ingredients together: cream cheese, sugar, extract of your choice, eggs, lemon juice and the lemon zest, if you chose to use it.
- Cream everything together with an electric mixer until silky smooth — no lumps!!
- Fill your cupcake liners to about 3/4 full, as you would normal cupcakes .. these will puff up and then die down with a dip in the middle, so don’t be afraid if you accidentally overfill it. (I did a little over 3/4 full and they turned out just fine.)
- Bake @ 350 degrees for about 18-20 min.
- Allow them to cool before you fill them … I stuck mine in the fridge for a bit to let them set.