The only thing better than cornbread is cornbread with the cheese baked in! This Cheddar and Green Onion Cornbread Muffins recipe shows you how to make your own.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow corn meal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups milk
- 3 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 lb. (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 cups sharp cheddar, shredded plus extra for garnish
- 3 jalapenos, seeded and minced (optional)
- 1/3 cup of scallions, chopped plus extra for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan or 2 muffin tins, set aside.
- Combine the first five ingredients into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, milk and cooled butter.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry and mix, be careful not to over mix.
- Fold in the two cups of the cheddar, scallions, and jalepenos
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and top with the remaining cheddar and scallions.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean
Serving Size 1 muffin
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 9g
Saturated Fat 5g
Trans Fat 0g
Unsaturated Fat 4g