Indulge in a delightful treat with this simple and delicious caramelized bread dessert recipe. Toasted bread cubes are coated in a sweet caramel sauce and make the perfect after-dinner snack or sweet breakfast indulgence.
- Sliced white bread – 3-4 pieces
- Granulated sugar – 4 tbsp
- Water – 3 tbsp
- Unsalted butter – 25-30 g (about 2-3 tbsp)
- Warm milk – 3 tbsp
- Cut the bread into small cubes.
- Toast the bread cubes in a dry frying pan until golden brown.
- Transfer the toasted bread cubes to a bowl.
- To make the caramel, add the granulated sugar and water to a heated frying pan. Do not stir the mixture. You can gently shake the pan to distribute the sugar evenly.
- When the sugar has dissolved and turned golden brown, add the unsalted butter and stir until melted. Then add the warm milk and stir again.
- Add the toasted bread cubes to the caramel mixture and mix well to ensure that each piece is coated with caramel.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a table or countertop and spread out the caramelized bread cubes.
- Use two forks to separate and spread out the bread cubes evenly so that they don’t stick together. Let the bread cubes dry for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the caramelized bread cubes to a bowl and enjoy this delicious dessert!