- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups butter, softened
- ¾ cup milk
- 6 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Layer Ingredients and Mix. Preheat oven to 325°.
- Place flour, sugar, butter, milk, eggs, and vanilla (in that order) in 4-qt. bowl of a heavy-duty electric stand mixer.
- Beat at low speed 1 minute, stopping to scrape down sides. Beat at medium speed 2 minutes.
- Pour and Bake. Pour into a greased and floured 10-inch (16-cup) tube pan, and smooth.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan to wire rack, and cool completely (about 1 hour).